A Computational Fluid Dynamics App to Help GoFly Teams Outperform the Competition
TotalSim’s TS Aero App is here to help to turn your personal flying device into a reality. Our intuitive Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) web App can be used to test the applicability of your design. In just a few simple steps, you will simulate how your device will respond to specific conditions.
Using TS Aero's web interface, you upload your 3D CAD geometry, then configure and run a CFD simulation to approximate the flow around, and calculate forces on your vehicle. You can then use a suite of post-processing results to compare and gain insight from key trends and performance data.
Through our partnership with AweSIM, the Ohio Supercomputer Center’s (OSC) modeling and simulation program for manufacturers, you don’t have to worry about having enough computational power to run and store your simulations.
TS Aero GoFly Sponsorship
- One Account per GoFly Registered Team
- 250 'Tokens' per team for simulation execution
- Each Token has a retail value of $20
- Token usage dependent on model complexity (# of props, size, etc.)
- 25 Tokens cost per run for up to 20 propellers
- Additional 10 Tokens for every 20 props modeled in simulation.
- Additional Tokens can be purchased by Go Fly competitors at $5 per Token
- a substantial 75% discount from the normal $20 cost
- Additional Free Tokens (amounts to be announced) for
- Phase I Prize Winners
- Phase II Entrants
- Phase III Entrants
Full Instructions, Tutorials, and Help is available on our documentation site app-docs.totalsim.us.
TS Aero GoFly Sign up
Each GoFly registered Team should designate one team member who will be completing the CFD simulations sign-up on behalf of that Team.
To participate in the sponsorship, sign up at the GoFly Competition Website (Phase I Entries close April 18th 2018!). Once you've opted-in on the sponsor form, you will receive an email from TotalSim confirming that your account set-up has begun. Account setup and provisioning will take several days and once completed you will receive another email with a link to set your password via the Ohio State SuperComputer Center. We expect to have all interested innovators setup and able to use TS Aero by March 16, 2018.